Get the whole family off to a running start on weekday mornings with these 10 Tips for Quick and Easy Breakfasts from FoodNetwork.com:
1. Set up to-go bags the day before a crazy morning. Include low-fat yogurt, baggie of granola hard-boiled egg and a handful of grapes
2. Have a smoothie. Just make sure to add some protein, like yogurt or tofu, to keep you satisfied longer.
3. Make quick and healthy breakfast sandwiches with frozen waffles (toasted), peanut butter and sliced banana.
4. Set foods aside the night before; cut up fruits, pour cereal or prepare mixtures for baked or scrambled eggs.
5. Consider steel-cut oats for a super-healthy and convenient meal. Combine the oats and water, bring to a boil, remove from heat, cover and let set overnight. The next morning, you just have to reheat them.
6. Use your microwave. Most hot cereals have microwave instructions. Mix the cereal with liquid and flavorings, pop it in the microwave and finish dressing while breakfast cooks itself.
7. Keep your freezer stocker with frozen waffles and healthy breakfast burritos.
8. Don't think of berries as an extravagance. They're outrageously good for you and they turn the most boring bowl of cereal into something special.
9. Keep hard-boiled eggs in your fridge — it's an easy dose of high-quality protein.
10. Always keep a bowl of fresh seasonal fruits available for the easiest grab-and-go.
photo from LowCarbDiet