We wanted to really mix it up this week by sharing some of the inner workings here at Peas HQ with you.
Here’s a rundown of the music that keeps me, the sales and marketing assistant, going on a typical Monday, no matter what may land on my desk or in my inbox:
- Tuning in to Morning Edition on NPR on my commute brings me up to speed on current events and sets the stage for a thoughtful day.
- Mondays are always busy at Peas. After a quick morning meeting, I tackle my inbox and to-do list with a bowl of cereal, hot tea, and some indie pop like Phoenix. (I know. What can I say? It’s catchy!)
- I’ll blast out a bunch of emails, process orders, follow-up on long-term projects, etc., with something more intense like my current favorite Pandora station, Panic Switch radio station.
- If it’s a really crazy day, nothing gets me crankin’ like an hour of techno.
- We all wear a variety of 'hats' here at Peas. Lately, I’ve been tapping into my food science background, helping out with R&D projects, formulations, nutritional calculations, etc. For some serious number crunching or other tasks that require my complete focus, I grove to old school reggae like Toots and The Maytals. Something about the beat really clears my mind.
- Later in the afternoon, I’ll indulge in some Nat King Cole while I tie up loose ends and re-prioritize for the rest of the week. Ending my workday with music from the 40’s, I leave the studio relaxed, renewed and ready for the evening ahead: Salvadorian food or Burmese? Indoor rock climbing or ashtanga yoga? Thai chili lime ice cream or salted caramel? San Francisco, how you spoil me.