I hope everyone is having a healthy and happy 2013 thus far! I must admit that one of my favorite parts of the New Year is that the Holidays are over; no more presents to wrap, the cookies are finally gone and the stockings are hung back in the attic where they belong. January is a time for new beginnings and I’m a firm believer that in order to start the year off right it’s important to take some time to recharge and rejuvenate. But with your busy schedule, your kid’s extra-circular activates and that 2 mile walk you made it your resolution to do three times per-week, how on earth are you ever going to find time to relax? Two words: spa night! Now we’re not telling you to go spend a few hundred dollars at a spa; the idea is to get yourself in the spa state of mind and bring the luxuries of the spa to your home.
Five simple steps to spa night:
1) You’re going to need an hour to yourself so put a Peas of Pie in the oven and a movie in the DVD player. You get a Spa night and your kids get a movie night!
2) Let your troubles float away. Did you know that soaking in warm water lowers blood pressure, lifts toxins from your skin and relaxes muscles? Add some Epsom salts, lavender oil or your favorite bubble bath to get the full spa experience.
3) This is no ordinary bath so don’t forget to light some candles and bring something yummy to drink. Why not something seasonal like a cranberry spritzer (just mix cranberry juice and carbonated water) or our Winter Ginger Sipper (http://www.peasofmind.com/recipes/recipes.htm)?
4) This is a great time to treat your tresses to the spa experience. Mix your conditioner with a few teaspoons of olive oil, rub into the ends of your hair and put on a shower cap. Leave this concoction in for at least five minutes.
5) Enjoy the quiet. Read that book you’ve been meaning to finish, indulge in your favorite guilty pleasure magazine or just let your mind wander.
When you emerge from the bath you will feel relaxed and invigorated - ready to start the New Year with a skip in your step. Here’s to spa night bringing you peas and harmony in 2013!