Serving up veggies in all of our products!

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Another week-end, another FORT FRYDAY!


It's Friday so let's all shout, TGIFF; Thank goodness it's FORT FRYDAY!  As you know, we're celebrating that Peas of Mind's Veggie Wedgies are now in military commissaries by featuring the spouse of a someone in the military.  This week our hometown hero is Erin, the amazing blogger behind Deployment Diatribes, a blog that chronicles the ups and downs of military life.

More from this week's hometown hero, Erin:



What branch of the military is your spouse in?
"My husband is in the Navy."

How long have you been a military wife?
"17+ years."

Do you have kids? If so, what are their ages?
"I have four boys, ages 5, 9, 12 and 14." 

Why did you start your blog and what can you tell us about it?
"I started The Deployment Diatribes on November of 2010, a few weeks before my husband left for a long deployment.  I write about the trials and tribulations of being a military wife and ups and downs of military family life, as well as no nonsense parenting issues. Sometimes, during deployment, knowing I could write about what was happening and make it a little funny got me through tough days."

What is the best thing about base life?
"The best thing about base life, and what I miss from not living on one, is being surrounded by people who understand what it is like to be part of the military."

What is your favorite food to prepare for your family?
"Homemade bread, I make it every week."

You are on a deserted island and can only bring one thing...Go!
 "A very long book."

 Is Military wife life what you thought it would be?
"I don't think anyone can know what military life is like if they haven't lived it.  A military wife has to be independent, able to do pretty much anything at any time, but also supportive of her husband in his career.  I had no idea what it would be like, but I wouldn't trade the past years for anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment