Serving up veggies in all of our products!

Friday, August 23, 2013

We're celebrating Friday with A Dinner Story



Here at Peas of Mind, keeping kids healthy and happy is what we do best. We like to think that we celebrate kids every day by feeding them their favorite foods while (unbeknownst to them) filling them up with their daily dose of veggies.  As you know, we think the time has come to celebrate the grown-ups because at the end of the day, it's the hard working parents that (no matter how chaotic and crazy their schedule) bring the food to the table.  This week’s Dinner Story is celebrating Alyssa, a mid-western Mom of two young girls who prides herself on dining in SIX days a week and practicing “stealth health” with our veggie fries!

Where do you live and how many kids do you have?
"New Lenox, IL. I have two children, Alexandra 3 1/2, Addison 2."


What meal do you make that you know, no matter what, your family will devour?
"Well that’s a tricky question because I have 2 EXTREMELY picky eaters, so I usually have to make 2 separate meals, one for them, and one for my husband and me. But when it comes to the girls, nuggets and French fries are always a hit!"

What's your favorite Saturday morning breakfast to enjoy as a family?
"French toast!"

What's your favorite Peas of Mind Product?
"Veggie Wedgies! Broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot fries! My girls have NO idea what amazing veggies are hidden inside each bite! When I bake them I sprinkle a small amount of olive oil and salt over them, toss until coated, and bake! Yum!"

How many times per week do you cook from scratch?
"We rarely eat out so I probably cook 6 days a week."

What's your go to "I'm feeling unhealthy and need a nutrient-power punch" meal?
"I make a salad. I recently discovered that Target sells Panera Bread salad dressings with their recipe on the side! The Fuji Apple Chicken Salad is my favorite! Romaine, red onion, fresh apple, tomatoes, avocado, raisins, gorgonzola and croutons!"

What kitchen tool could you never live without?
"A sharp knife! I am always chopping something :)"

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
"Chocolate :) Donuts, brownies, ice cream, you name it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment