Serving up veggies in all of our products!

Friday, February 22, 2013

It's FORT FRYDAY

TGIFF stands for Thank goodness it's FORT FRYDAY.  We're back bringing in the weekend and celebrating  that our Veggie Wedgies are now available in military commissaries!

Today our hometown hero is Stacy Fiore, a military wife,  mom and blogger who writes for  Raising Chaos a sweet and funny blog about living life military style.  We hope that Stacy finds some Peas of Mind with our Veggie Fries while she's raising all that chaos!

More from this week's hometown hero, Stacy Fiore:


How long have you been a military wife?
"I've been a military spouse for almost 7 years. September of this year will make 8!" 

What made you start your website/blog?
"I love to write. One of my closest friends had a great blog going and I loved reading everything she wrote. She inspired me to start writing my stories down on the internet and that's how my blog got started. If it weren't for her, I probably would have never started it."

Do you or have you lived on base? Which one?
"Nope. Never lived on base. We've always chosen to live close enough to take advantage of what the base offers but never on."

What is the best thing about base life?
"I don't live on base but I still take advantage of the commissary. We live near a big base so it has a lot of events year round that are very family oriented. Also, I LOVE watching all the planes and helicopters flying around. You can even see the paratroopers jumping from where we live. It's really cool to watch."

What is your favorite food to prepare for your family this time of year?
"Soups. Winter to me means lots and lots of soups. Our current favorite is broccoli and cheese or chicken tortilla."

You are on a deserted island and can only bring one thing...Go!
"My family. I could stay on the island forever if I had my family with me. If I couldn't bring my family (since technically it would be 4 things) I would bring my cell phone and pray that I had reception so I could call for help."

Is Military wife life what you thought it would be?
"Before my husband and I got married, I only had a glimpse of military life. I really had no idea what all it would entail. It is definitely not what I thought it would be. I think some people think of military life as glamorous. They think of homecomings like they are in the movies. But military life is hard and homecomings are nothing like they are in the movies. In fact, most spouses will tell you the coming home and reintegration is harder than the actual deployment. But seeing my husband do what he does makes me so proud of him and all of our servicemen and women. I've learned so much and grown so much as a person because of all the challenges thrown our way. I love him so much and wouldn't change my military wife life for anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment