Here at Peas of Mind we love figuring out ways to make parent's lives easier and more fulfilling. We make all natural frozen food that's loaded with veggies and quick to prepare so that Moms and Dads don't have to worry about their picky eaters not getting enough veggies. This week Get Our Perspective is back a monthly blog post where we answer your questions about health, nutrition and overall wellness.
This month Alison from Omaha, Nebraska wrote in and asked, "What are some easy ways to make sure that my children have a healthy summer? I'm doing my best to avoid marathon tv binges and too many trips to the ice-cream shop but what else can I do?"
Thanks for writing in Alison! The good news is the Peas Perspective is loaded with simple ways to make sure that your children stay active, healthy and happy during their summer break. Here is our "best of" list:
1) Bring your little ones into the kitchen. With all the free time summer break has to offer, encouraging your kids to prepare healthy snacks and meals for themselves (with your help of course) is an easy way to spark interest in food and health that will last a lifetime. With the right foods, time in the kitchen can feel as fun as craft time! Here is a list of our best recipeas that encourage kids to play with their food (and then eat it!)
-Veggie Wedgies garlic fries
-Natural food coloring to decorate your favorite cookie recipe
2) Stay Hydrated! During the warm summer months when kids are running around outside, it's so important to keep them hydrated with WATER. If your children turn their noses up to good ol' H2O, check out our list of easy ways to get your little ones to guzzle water.
3) Take extra care of their skin! What's the largest organ in the body? That's right, your SKIN. So during these hot and humid months, your family's skin needs extra care. Click here to find out three simple ways to take special care of your Epidermis this summer.
4) One of the best things about summer is having the time to devour a page-turning book. Encourage your little ones to fall in love with books this summer by following our post on summer reading.
5) We've said it before and we'll say it again, EAT SEASONALLY! Summertime is far and away the best time for produce; take a field trip to your local farmers market and let your family help pick out your weekly supply of fruits and vegetables. Our number one produce choice this summer is the sweet and juicy peach, find out why here.
We'd love to feature your question next month! Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your question, name and the city you're from and we'll give you our Peas Perspective!